Regias
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PvPvE - English - (Semi)-Casual - Social - Events

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

Sorcerer (Aion) [Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) 30w04xy[Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) Crafts11[Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) Parchm10[Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) 2j5h2fb

[Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) Empty
PostSubject: [Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion)   [Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) I_icon_minitime29/07/15, 03:10 pm

Greetings, Regians!

Watermelon smashing, or suikawari as it is known in Japan, is a traditional summer activity where you try to find and smash a watermelon while blindfolded. Taking this and combining it with the idea behind the piñata in Mexican culture (smash an object hanging above, also while blindfolded, and candy falls out), a brilliant idea was born to have our members smash some watermelons and find some rewards inside as a summer activity. The only problem is that this is a bit hard to implement in Aion, but there always is a solution: YOU will act as the watermelon instead.

Wait, what?
On the 5th of August, 4 hours after the daily server reset you are all invited to participate in a game of 'Whack-a-Daeva' in the Sanctum arena.

There will be several 'rounds', in essence free-for-all fights. At the start of each round, one of your fellow members/participants will be designated as the 'joker'. The player that gets the last hit on this person (e.g. causes him/her to be kicked out of arena) wins the round and gains 1 point. The person with the most points at the end wins the game and a yet-to-be determined reward.

Alright, what is the catch?
The person that acts as the joker changes each round. He/she will be whispered by me in advance, but can't tell anyone that he is the joker: if the joker survives long enough, he will win the round instead. Lower levels have to survive for a shorter amount of time  amidst the PvP onslaught than higher levels. A round will be declared finished when either the joker has been killed, or when time runs out with the joker still alive.

In other words, you will need to pay attention to the behaviour of your opponents and play smart to optimize your chances. Will you try to remove the competition at the start and let pure PvP preservere? Will you run away and hide, biding your chance? Nothing is what it seems -- jokers may run, but also attack enemies to cause confusion about who the joker really is. You can hit all you see, or use feints and trick your enemies to raise your chance.

Rules
- When given the sign, players may enter the arena and have 10 seconds to take positions. PvP is not allowed during this time.
- Once the round begins, the onslaught commences.
- Once you are kicked out, you cannot re-enter until the next round.
- Once the joker is killed or time runs out, the round is declared over. All players have to exit the arena and wait for the next round to enter again.
- Pots/scrolls/etc. are allowed.

Bonus Rounds: Whack-a-Mookie
Bonus rounds may occasionally be triggered. In such a round, the joker will transform into a mookie and players have to hit him -- barehanded (without weapons). The mookie may run (without running scrolls -- only players may use them). These 'mookie rounds' last 1 minute and the person that did most damage during that round wins.

All users that won a mookie round by the time the event is over win an extra bonus reward.

For questions, donating kinah/items so we can have more bonus rewards and whatnot drop a reply below or catch me in-game.

Last edited by ReylandAZ on 09/08/15, 02:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sageofsixpath
Regias Citizen
Farmhand

Cleric (Aion)

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion)   [Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) I_icon_minitime30/07/15, 02:24 pm

Nice thinking mii it would be a fun event but what about people who don't have PvP set people like zik would slaughter every one XD
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

Sorcerer (Aion) [Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) 30w04xy[Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) Crafts11[Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) Parchm10[Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) 2j5h2fb

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion)   [Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) I_icon_minitime30/07/15, 02:47 pm

Sageofsixpath wrote:
Nice thinking mii it would be a fun event but what about people who don't have PvP set people like zik would slaughter every one XD
I think it will be fine because the outcome of this event is not decided by PvP alone. It is there, sure, but the one who gets the last hit on the joker ultimately wins the round. And hey, going on a rampage means your fellow guild members -might- just want to exact some revenge on you and focus you when the next round starts. A "Let's get X out of the way first" sort of thing. And since you can't re-enter a round once you're kicked out, doing things that harm your popularity may actually ruin your chances at winning...and the rest of your stay, if the guys are really unforgiving Razz

Most of the guys here have some sort of PvP set, so it will be fine. Probably.
If not...well, eh. I'll be watching from the spectator seats anyway. Not my concern x]

I'll just be mending the guild unity afterwards Smile
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion)   [Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) I_icon_minitime05/08/15, 07:52 pm

Event has ended Smile

Bardey won most rounds and could choose between 3x Epsilon Enchantment Stones or an Alchemist's Dress dyed in a color of his choice.
Since he chose the Epsilons, the #2 (Morera) won the Alchemist's Dress Smile The rest got a mookie pet and candy as thanks for their participation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion)   [Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Event] Whack-a-Daeva (Aion)
Page 1 of 1