Regias
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PvPvE - English - (Semi)-Casual - Social - Events

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

Sorcerer (Aion) [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) 30w04xy[Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) Crafts11[Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) Parchm10[Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) 2j5h2fb

[Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) Empty
PostSubject: [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)   [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) I_icon_minitime08/03/15, 01:56 pm

Greetings, Regians!

As you all might know, the 4.8 update for AION is up next. In this update, many of the existing regions will be removed to make place for one, central map designed for users between lv56~65. Our goal was to bring the legion to lv8 before that could happen, seeing as some instanced zones (Manor, Muada etc.) will most likely not be carried over.

Are you an artistic type or someone with artistic insight? Then participate in our Ode to Glory event!

What do I do?
Memories fade, but art endures. Choose one of the following two options below to base your entry on.

Option #1: The Legion's Glory
Make a drawing (or painting) of the legion, based on the following theme:

[Theme] One of the key activities we did over the last few weeks (e.g. of us doing Manor/Muada, the Sanctum Mookie run, us sitting at the Sanctum bar and doing the riddle event, the brawl at the arena, etc.)

It doesn't have to be a perfect replica of what happened. Be creative.

Guidelines:
- Can be a drawing, painting, collage or similar form or art.
- Must be your own work.
- Must have some legion elements in it (e.g. the faces of some of our member's toons or the legion's emblem / legion uniforms).

As an example, here is a submission that one of our members made for the Christmas event some years ago. Do not take this as a standard you have to reach; take it as an idea of incorporating the legion element into your work (this guy for instance draw the faces based on that of some of our members' toons).

Spoiler:

Option #2: ..and see the world
Take your Mookie pet with you and explore the regions that will be removed in the 4.8 update (Sarpan, Tia, Kata, Dana) Take 3 screenshot of each of these regions, at places that you think define the very map (eg. Sarpan's lush forests and/or vast deserts, Katalam's ice formations/caverns, or Sillus mountains, etc. These are all ideas).

In other words: find the nicest, most appealing, beautiful spots that you think define/summarize the very map in three pictures.

Guidelines:
- You have to submit 3 screenshots of your choosing for each of the following maps: Sarpan, Tiamaranta, Katalam, Danaria, so 12 screenshots total.
- Your Mookie pet must be visible in all of them
- You can use emotes.

Tips:
- Temporarily put your graphics engine to "High Quality" with max settings for taking the screenshot, if you can.
- [F12] to hide interface.
- [PrtScrn] to take screenshot (stored in: NCSOFT\Aion\Screenshot)
- You can drag emotes to an empty shortcut bar to use them while you have your interface hidden.
- Try to upload your screenshots in max resolution/size for optimal quality.
.bmp and .png files preferred.

I have attached some of my own screenshots in the spoiler below to give an idea:
Spoiler:

Rewards & Submission
You can send your entries to me via Private Message, using the link below:
https://regias.forumotion.net/privmsg?mode=post&u=1

Whether you choose option #1 or option #2, all entries will be judged the same way in the end.

Submission deadline is FRI 27th March midnight (UTC/GMT), meaning you have 2.5 weeks starting now.

(!!) A forum account is required to participate and receive the rewards.

Rewards
1st Place - Permanent Sharptooth Mount (silver hoverbike)
Spoiler:
2nd Place - Alchemist Dress + Hat (dyed White)
Spoiler:
3rd Place - Ninja or Levitate Motion (your choice) x1

If you have any questions post them below.

Good luck!

Last edited by ReylandAZ on 28/04/15, 09:19 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
RageOfGod
Veteran Officer
Staff

RageOfGod

Sorcerer (Aion) [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) 30w04xy[Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) Crafts11[Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) 9fphjb

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)   [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) I_icon_minitime11/03/15, 10:45 am

Can I apply for both options? I have the screenshots and I'll post them when I go home, but I'll make something in the weekend for the first choice.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

Sorcerer (Aion) [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) 30w04xy[Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) Crafts11[Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) Parchm10[Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) 2j5h2fb

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)   [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) I_icon_minitime11/03/15, 12:06 pm

RageOfGod wrote:
Can I apply for both options? I have the screenshots and I'll post them when I go home, but I'll make something in the weekend for the first choice.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, no. Otherwise it would be unfair to whose who can only participate in either option.
Back to top Go down
RageOfGod
Veteran Officer
Staff

RageOfGod

Sorcerer (Aion) [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) 30w04xy[Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) Crafts11[Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) 9fphjb

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)   [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) I_icon_minitime14/03/15, 03:46 pm

If I understand right, we have to send you the project via PM, not post it here?
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)   [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) I_icon_minitime14/03/15, 03:59 pm

RageOfGod wrote:
If I understand right, we have to send you the project via PM, not post it here?
Affirmative.
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)   [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) I_icon_minitime15/03/15, 02:52 pm

Just a heads-up that as of this moment 1.5 weeks remain to submit your entries.
Back to top Go down
Pomme
Regias Citizen
Workshop Apprentice

Ranger (Aion)

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)   [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) I_icon_minitime16/03/15, 04:24 am

Wow, who did that image that you have up as a sample? Amazing artwork! Razz
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)   [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) I_icon_minitime16/03/15, 08:38 pm

Pomme wrote:
Wow, who did that image that you have up as a sample? Amazing artwork! Razz

Eliii is the guy's name Razz Although he has been inactive for a while, you can still find many of his works in his thread in the Plaza of Art & Creativity section.
Back to top Go down
Pomme
Regias Citizen
Workshop Apprentice

Ranger (Aion)

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)   [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) I_icon_minitime20/03/15, 04:41 am

Will check it out Smile this one is very nice. I wish I could draw!
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)   [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) I_icon_minitime26/03/15, 03:33 pm

Since I accidentally put the in-game deadline to March 27th, we decided to extend the deadline by 2 days. Meaning that you still have 1.5 days to submit your entry, starting..now
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)   [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) I_icon_minitime30/03/15, 03:29 pm

Greetings, Regians!

The deadline has passed and the rewards have been given out. Congratulations to RageOfGod on his first place and to Nyragent for being the runner-up! Their entries:

[1st] RageOfGod: Perhaps one of the legion's most defining moments yet, he captured and edited the legion's mookie run, adding in some effects and a nice soundtrack to match it.

[2nd] Nyragent: He travelled far 'n wide to capture three screenshots of each of the maps that will be removed in the 4.8 update to preserve them in our memories. Accompanying him in his endeavours was his loyal mookie pet, which braved a ton of challenges to be with him.

Sarpan:
Tiamaranta:
Katalam:
Danaria:

Thanks for participating and congratulations on winning!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)   [Event] Ode to Glory (Aion) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Event] Ode to Glory (Aion)
Page 1 of 1