Regias
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PvPvE - English - (Semi)-Casual - Social - Events

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)

Go down 
+2
Blackcatx
ReylandAZ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

Sorcerer (Aion) [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) 30w04xy[Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) Crafts11[Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) Parchm10[Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) 2j5h2fb

[Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) Empty
PostSubject: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)   [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_minitime12/06/15, 09:40 am

Greetings, Regians!

I am sure you all have noticed the temperatures rising, the sun scorching your skin, a clear blue sky like you have never seen before, etc. All the signs point towards the same: summer is coming. While the official start (21st June) has yet to arrive, the weather's been most gracious and drawn many a visitor to the already overpopulated beaches over the recent days. And Atreia is sure to follow soon, especially with the highly anticipated 4.8 patch just around the corner.

Through the months of June and July, celebrate summer with us by participating in a variety of mini-events. Plenty of fun and valuable rewards are up for grabs.

Event #1: Free Food (Daily)
Drop a reply to this thread to receive to receive a free food and drink suitable for your class in-game. This can be repeated for every day during the event period.
Your reply doesn't have to be anything big, just a "hi, food plz" or similar will do Razz

Spoiler:

Event #2: Summer Screenshot Contest
Take a screenshot of your in-game character at one of the summer-themed locations in Aion. There's plenty of them available:
- Beryl State in Oriel features numerous palm trees, beaches and more summer scenery so that is a good location.
- Lobneru Lagoon in Levinshor
- Cascade Spring crater in Theobomos
- etc.

The more summer elements are in your image (including your character), the better.
Got your screenshot ready? Post it to this thread. Don't forget to wrap "spoiler" tags around it to save the forum layout Wink
!! Once submitted you cannot change your entry !!

Tips:
- Temporarily put your graphics engine to "High Quality" with max. settings if you can.
- [F12] to hide the interface.
- [PrtScrn] to take screenshot (stored in: NCSOFT\Aion\Screenshot)
- You can drag emotes to an empty shortcut bar to use them while you have your interface hidden.
- If using the forum image uploader [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) 4f0ea69ab4, set the 'resize image' option to 'no'.
- .bmp and .png files are much preferred due to the quality. If you find AION's .jpg insufficient, use a program like FRAPS or puush to take the screenshot.

The winner will receive a permanent [Hot Swimsuit] dyed in any color of his/her choice.

Event #3: Forum Treasure Hunt
A total of six summer-themed icons have been hidden on the forum. Find them all to earn the new [Life's a Beach] forum achievement/badge for your profile as well as a special reward in-game.

• The icons may appear anywhere, but do not bother diggings through topics besides this one.
  • Think you found them all? Send me a PM with their locations by clicking this fancy icon here: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_pm

Spoiler:

Event #4: Aion 4.8 Exploration Diary
Explore the wonders of Aion 4.8 together with us, and share the results of your explorations and findings to help us complete our 4.8 Exploration Diary! This can be anything found in 4.8 ranging from world bosses to ID portal locations, secret passages/shortcuts, wind streams etc. Use your imagination.

Try to include a screenshots or two and tell it like a story Wink Post your entries to the concerning thread (link below) -- consider it both your own and the legion's 4.8 diary. Even if you don't win, you'll get lots of useful info out of it!

Relevant Thread: https://regias.forumotion.net/t517-4-8-exploration-thread

The person who told the best/most interesting and detailed stories will receive a permanent mount (Sharptooth / hoverbike).

#5: Summer Treasure Hunt (In-Game)
This will take place in-game on SATURDAY 11th JULY, 4 hours after the daily reset. It will involve a number of activities where users have to find a location (similar to hide and seek) via analysing hints that will be dropped in legion chat over time. Rewards involve unique/rare skillbooks, costumes, pets and more.

Last edited by ReylandAZ on 19/07/15, 07:46 pm; edited 23 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blackcatx
Regias Citizen
Farmhand

Blackcatx

Sorcerer (Aion)

PostSubject: Re: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)   [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_minitime13/06/15, 11:46 pm

The quality really goes bad when you upload the picture :S
Pic:
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

Sorcerer (Aion) [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) 30w04xy[Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) Crafts11[Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) Parchm10[Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) 2j5h2fb

PostSubject: Re: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)   [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_minitime14/06/15, 10:21 am

Blackcatx wrote:
The quality really goes bad when you upload the picture :S
Pic:
If you click 'no' under 'resize image' in the forum uploader it should maintain the original aspect ratio.

Thanks for your entry Smile
Back to top Go down
Morera
Regias Citizen
Workshop Apprentice

Morera

Songweaver (Aion) [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) Palmtr10[Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) Crafts11

PostSubject: Re: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)   [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_minitime15/06/15, 05:34 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

PostSubject: Re: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)   [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_minitime17/06/15, 02:28 pm

Updated with Event #3 which is now live Smile
Back to top Go down
Sageofsixpath
Regias Citizen
Farmhand

Cleric (Aion)

PostSubject: Re: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)   [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_minitime19/06/15, 03:44 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

PostSubject: Re: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)   [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_minitime22/06/15, 10:41 pm

Event #4 is now live Smile
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

PostSubject: Re: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)   [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_minitime01/07/15, 09:12 am

About one and a half week remain. Now would be a good time to start preparing your entries for the screenshot/exploration diary event Smile
Back to top Go down
lShadowl
Regias Citizen
Court Patriarch

lShadowl

Gunslinger (Aion) [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) Book-i11

PostSubject: Re: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)   [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_minitime03/07/15, 05:26 pm

[img][Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) Aion0010[/img]
died over and over to get there and take the pic !! hope it worth the try Smile
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

PostSubject: Re: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)   [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_minitime05/07/15, 11:37 pm

Our annual summer event will be leaving for another year on upcoming Sunday the 12th. Be sure to stack up on your daily consumables or participate in the various mini-events to maintain that chance at a permanent swimsuit costume or bike before then Wink

After consulting the members, we have decided to hold our in-game treasure hunt on SATURDAY 11th JULY, 4 hours after the daily reset. Mark that day on your calenders -- it will be on par with the Legion Lv8 celebration event activity and rewards-wise. More details in the first post.

See you then.
Back to top Go down
Valentiine
Roamer of Lands

PostSubject: Re: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)   [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_minitime11/07/15, 08:39 pm

my entry
Spoiler:

had fun getting here lol

next ones aren't my entries. too deep water dmg D:
Spoiler:

had to run through a lot of water and spam heal myself to keep myself alive but made it to my own little island

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

PostSubject: Re: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)   [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_minitime12/07/15, 11:36 pm

/edit: All rewards have been distributed.
Our summer event has now concluded. Thanks for your participation.

For the treasure hunt event, I hid on a random map (in Elysea) at the start of each 'round'. Members had to decipher a code (eg. E 180) in which the letter was the first letter of the map name, and the number corresponded to the degrees/direction I was hiding at (eg. E 180 - South/bottom part of Eltnen). Members then had the option to start their search and/or wait for more hints that were dropped every 2 minutes.

Among the rewards were Godstones, a unique Dragon/Kung-fu motion card, unique skill skinbooks, timed mounts, special consumables, pets and more. All who participated got two rewards. Those who did not score well in the treasure hunt had the option of joining us in defeating Bollvig Blackheart in Heiron (lv50 world boss) and got their 2 rewards afterwards.

Votes for the winner of the screenshot contest are up until Friday in the Plaza of Art & Creativity.

Until the next time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)   [Event] It's Summertime! (Aion) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Event] It's Summertime! (Aion)
Page 1 of 1