Regias
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PvPvE - English - (Semi)-Casual - Social - Events

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

Sorcerer (Aion) [BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision 30w04xy[BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision Crafts11[BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision Parchm10[BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision 2j5h2fb

[BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision Empty
PostSubject: [BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision   [BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision I_icon_minitime03/11/15, 10:19 pm

[BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision Christ16

Greetings, Regians!

Regias CBT was established recently in-game. Although we initially started out on Mushin (NA), founding the guild during the first CBT weekend, we moved to the Soha (EU) server when it became available. At the moment I am writing this we now are a Lv2 guild, on the way to Lv3, and have managed to meet and recruit a few nice folks already. In other words, the beta certainly has been fruitful thus far Smile

I'd like to use the second of this post to talk a bit about the server.
As mentioned previously, there will be new voting rounds going up for a variety of matters after CBT has ended. The server selection, perhaps the most anticipated vote, is among them.

Server
We are not 100% sure on what we will do for the official launch yet. What we know for certain right now is the following:

• We will be playing the game in the official launch (obviously).
  • We plan to stay for a prolonged period of time.
  • We will 100% be making a branch of the guild on the EU server.

Now, ideally I'd like our NA and other non-EU folks join us on the EU servers and have one big happy family there. However, I am also aware that ping is a big thing in this game. I know that some of you don't mind and are ok with joining us on the EU server regardless, but I don't want to force our other NA folks to play with us on a server where they can't enjoy the game to its full potential.

I am not a fan of splitting the guild into separate 'branches'. I believe that, although we have Discord to unite us, it will drive a wedge in our community, especially since we are a rather small group compared to your average multi-gaming community in terms of size. However, this in turn is what allows us to look after the individual and live up to the 'social' part we advocate. Therefore, we will not just abandon our NA folks either. The one guarantee I gave everyone before CBT is that we will find a way to accommodate everyone at the official launch, and I plan to stick to that.

So, here is what we will do when the time to vote is there.
If there are enough votes for the NA server and enough people interested in spearheading such a 'NA branch' (and I know a few who would be game), we will be establishing an NA branch in addition to our EU branch.
This is also a nice insurance for the future: if one server or branch dies out, that group can always move over to the other server and join the (established) guild there, further strengthening it.

I like to think this is a fair compromise that will allow everyone to have their say. For the time being, though, as ping doesn't matter as much for CBT we remain on the Soha (EU) server for the rest of the CBT. Zikiri has written a helpful guide for setting up WTFast (which is free now) to work with BnS, which should greatly reduce your ping and improve your overall performance so check it out: https://regias.forumotion.net/t604-running-bns-through-wtfast

While we wait for the next beta weekends, be sure to sign in to the BnS newsletter on their official site for your chance to receive a CB key. Also keep an eye on their Twitter for possible giveaways. Spare keys will be distributed as we get them: those who signed in to our (preliminary) BnS roster will receive priority on key distributions.

As usual you can find (most of) us on Discord on a daily basis for socializing, goofy talks or reminiscing about the game Smile

Until the next time,
--ReylandAZ

Last edited by ReylandAZ on 08/01/16, 08:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

Sorcerer (Aion) [BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision 30w04xy[BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision Crafts11[BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision Parchm10[BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision 2j5h2fb

[BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: [BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision   [BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision I_icon_minitime29/11/15, 12:23 am

Since there still was some confusion with regards to the server for official launch, I have elaborated a bit on this topic in the first post Smile

If any questions remain feel free to drop a line below. If not..well, still drop a line. We could use some forum activity Laughin'
Back to top Go down

[BnS] Guild Established + A Note on the NA Server Decision
Page 1 of 1