Regias
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PvPvE - English - (Semi)-Casual - Social - Events

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Books you are currently reading ..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

Sorcerer (Aion) Books you are currently reading .. 30w04xyBooks you are currently reading .. Crafts11Books you are currently reading .. Parchm10Books you are currently reading .. 2j5h2fb

Books you are currently reading .. Empty
PostSubject: Books you are currently reading ..   Books you are currently reading .. I_icon_minitime05/10/13, 11:01 pm

.. For whatever reason Razz

I am currently attempting to wrestle through Samuel Richardson's Pamela (Uni) and still have to continue with Terry Pratchett's Making Money (spare time).

On the subject of the latter, I am in love with it: the writing, humour, theme, and also the cover -- it's all great stuff:

Books you are currently reading .. Making_Money_cover

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Making_Money

Check his novels out. He's written many.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books you are currently reading ..   Books you are currently reading .. I_icon_minitime06/10/13, 09:20 pm

I'm reading through Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes for school, while I like the idea it still bores the hell out of me, as for outside of school I'm reading: Masterming: How to think like Sherlock Holmes, an amazingly written breakdown/tutorial of Sherlock Holmes' method of deduction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Books you are currently reading ..   Books you are currently reading .. I_icon_minitime07/10/13, 08:44 pm

The book I'm reading recently is The Hobbit. But haven't got that much time to finish it.
Back to top Go down
Qbecks
Regias Citizen
Court Patriarch

Books you are currently reading .. Crafts11

PostSubject: Re: Books you are currently reading ..   Books you are currently reading .. I_icon_minitime09/10/13, 11:50 am

"Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky. I've found it not so good as I had to read it at school, but now, as I am older, I see lot more sense in that book. One great fragment:

"Nothing in this world is harder than speaking the truth, nothing easier than flattery..." grr, couldn't find rest of it on English, just read yourself. Smile But if you don't, here my translation: "Just one false word destroys truth, but no matter how false flattery is, it still has an effect".

From the lighter stuff: I've finished last but one book by George R. R. Martin from series "Songs of Ice and Fire" and now I repeat some older stories about "The Witcher" by Andrzej Sapkowski. Both are very good.

Regards,
Q.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books you are currently reading ..   Books you are currently reading .. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books you are currently reading ..
Page 1 of 1