Regias
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PvPvE - English - (Semi)-Casual - Social - Events

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

End of aion? Aether Tech

Go down 
+8
AoiMikan
slow
Mikans
Ethrajan
ReylandAZ
Kassidiy
whoremoans
mal3bolgia
12 posters

Like the new class?
Nooooooes , it is killing aion!
End of aion? Aether Tech I_vote_lcap81%End of aion? Aether Tech I_vote_rcap
 81% [ 17 ]
Yes, i like mechwarrior
End of aion? Aether Tech I_vote_lcap19%End of aion? Aether Tech I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
mal3bolgia
Regias Expeditionary Force
★★★★ Court Enforcer

mal3bolgia

Cleric (Aion)

End of aion? Aether Tech Empty
PostSubject: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime15/08/13, 06:12 am

Bleh i don't like the new class they added to aion in 4.5.
I think they are moving away from the basics and adding new crap confused 

Back to top Go down
whoremoans
Regias Citizen
Court Patriarch

whoremoans

Templar (Aion) End of aion? Aether Tech 2j5h2fb

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime15/08/13, 07:35 am

I agree, alot of people have been saying they will take over the tanking class in aion.
:/ sumhow i just dont think this class will be very liked.
Back to top Go down
Kassidiy
Co-Founder of Regias

Kassidiy

Assassin (Aion) End of aion? Aether Tech 2zqzj3bEnd of aion? Aether Tech 30w04xyEnd of aion? Aether Tech Book-i11

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime15/08/13, 09:46 am

I only voted that it's killing the game because from what we've seen so far it doesn't seem to fit anywhere. I mean all classes have a certain elegance and magical feel to them, with graceful wings and aether-infused weapons. And then this chunk of metal comes in Neutral

Mii posted a gameplay from AionSource to get a better idea of what the Aethertech will do. We still  don't have a clue of its role but rest assured, it won't replace tanks.
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

Sorcerer (Aion) End of aion? Aether Tech 30w04xyEnd of aion? Aether Tech Crafts11End of aion? Aether Tech Parchm10End of aion? Aether Tech 2j5h2fb

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime15/08/13, 10:11 am

It's probably going to replace the Gladiator if anything. But yeah, I don't like it. It doesn't fit.

COMING SOON: AION 2142!

End of aion? Aether Tech Battlefield_2142-1jf2c1j
Back to top Go down
Ethrajan
Regias Legionary
Corps Volunteer

Ethrajan

Ranger (Aion) End of aion? Aether Tech 2j5h2fb

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime15/08/13, 03:46 pm

Kassidiy wrote:
I only voted that it's killing the game because from what we've seen so far it doesn't seem to fit anywhere. I mean all classes have a certain elegance and magical feel to them, with graceful wings and aether-infused weapons. And then this chunk of metal comes in Neutral
I'm too new of the game to be able to argue about class balancing. Still as Kassidy said I think it'll disrupt the style of the game.
Personally I think not even guns should fit into a Fanstasy-Magical style MMO, but mechs? D: If you want to play a mech there's ton of FPS or even mecha-style MMORPG, why intruding in a fantasy world?
Back to top Go down
Mikans
★★ Homeland Guardian

Mikans

Chanter (Aion)

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime15/08/13, 08:55 pm

Sorry this class reminds me exactly of Mechanic class in Maplestory. Maplestory was good at first then all these new bull classes came in. I think if Aion wants to add new classes they should really take their time to think of it instead of OH LEMME [INSERT 4.5 NEW CLASS! EVERYONE COME BACK~]. I also agree with Lya about how it doesn't really have an Aion feel to it, it's a bulky piece of metal! We're Daevas, beautiful winged Elyos not giant robots. kay, save that for sci-fi not fantasy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime15/08/13, 09:02 pm

From what I saw, the robot transformation is a skill, this is kinda similar to the idea I had about a new Aion class where you transform to different mobs... I think that the concept of shape-shifting is really cool but they chose a wrong theme, a sci-fi inspired robot doesn't look like it'll fit in in Aion's fantasy inspired environment. I have the feeling that we should start signing petitions against this new class.
Back to top Go down
slow
Regias Citizen
Court Patriarch

slow

Templar (Aion) End of aion? Aether Tech 2j5h2fb

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime15/08/13, 10:17 pm

To me that's plain simple lack of alternative. They don't know what to add without compromising other classes on both Aion AND Blade & Soul.
Back to top Go down
mal3bolgia
★★★★ Court Enforcer

mal3bolgia

Cleric (Aion)

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime16/08/13, 06:41 am

so nobody really likes it.
in my opinion it doesn't fit the current aion.
It could fit if the attacks are magical or arrows.... but not rockets i think.

i see in the future some new pets and monts... like a real tank, choppers etc..

they should added Iron Man suit Rolling Eyes  not gundam/mechwarrior
but i hope it will be a positive suprise to the game...
Back to top Go down
AoiMikan
Regias Legionary
Corps Volunteer

AoiMikan

Assassin (Aion)

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime16/08/13, 08:30 pm

Why isn't there a ''Not really, cause I got a big sword so I can chop them anyway'' vote option?
Back to top Go down
Diatomic
Regias Citizen
City Merchant

Diatomic

Cleric (Aion) End of aion? Aether Tech 2j5h2fb

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime16/08/13, 09:50 pm

I feel like it would be best placed as a new mount if anything. Hop in, run fast for a while, get out. If it's anything like Lahulahu, they're gonna be more OP than Gunslingers are now.
Back to top Go down
Charismatt
Regias Legionary
Corps Volunteer

Charismatt

Songweaver (Aion) End of aion? Aether Tech 2j5h2fb

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime17/08/13, 07:55 am

I don't like it either. Although I had my thoughts and doubts about gunner - after a long thought I decided they do match the aion world. They use aether in their guns, not bullets. They're just a badass looking class, that's it, but they do fit in aion. Songweaver fits perfectly. No doubts on that.
But no, aethermech is too much. If it was a mount, or like a technists' new class DP skill that transforms you for like 5min well okay. But everyone suddenly going around in this? Besides, imagine PVP. 5 people running to you and all you can target without TAB is that giant robot covering everyone else. Even if, I think they should be slower than rest of the classes. If they're gonna be as strong as gunner in PvP that's going to suck, really suck.
I don't like it at all :F Besides, it's another magical character right? Gosh. Magical resist will be a hit. Like it isn't already, no versatility :F
Back to top Go down
Taullus
Regias Legionary
Blade Initiate

Taullus

Templar (Aion) End of aion? Aether Tech 2j5h2fbEnd of aion? Aether Tech 30w04xy

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime06/09/13, 10:51 am

It will ruine the game ... it doesn't FIT in Aion, the sad part is : we can't DO crap about it ... lol ... NC you did it this time ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime25/09/13, 12:19 pm

Well if gunners do fit this thing will aswell, as you can see in the movies and the name of the class already says it Aethertech. It uses Aether in skills and probably uses aether to keep the thing moving.
Also the Gunner throws grenades and stuff so not really fantasy like either.
Doesn't change the fact that I don't like it at all but hey we also thought (atleast I did) the same about the Gunner and the Bard and they seem to be pretty cool.
So I won't vote because I can't have an honest opinion about something I haven't played/tried yet.

edit: Like I expected in the explaination from the official website

Today we reveal the next class on Aion’s horizon, The Aethertech. This Technist utilizes magical mechanical mounts to unleash both short-and-long distance attacks, making it an ideal class to add to any raid, PvP or boss battle deep in the world of Atreia. By pulsing aether through these armored suits, the Aethertech can form Gatling guns, rail guns, blades, electric whips, gigantic fists, and even rocket launchers to devastate their opponents.
Back to top Go down
DonPaco
Rift Explorer

DonPaco

Assassin (Aion) End of aion? Aether Tech Pumpki10End of aion? Aether Tech 2j5h2fbEnd of aion? Aether Tech 30w04xy

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime25/09/13, 12:59 pm

Zeirack wrote:
From what I saw, the robot transformation is a skill, this is kinda similar to the idea I had about a new Aion class where you transform to different mobs... I think that the concept of shape-shifting is really cool but they chose a wrong theme, a sci-fi inspired robot doesn't look like it'll fit in in Aion's fantasy inspired environment. I have the feeling that we should start signing petitions against this new class.
Hmm that's actually not a bad idea!

Same with the bard and gunner. The bard perfectly fits in the game imo, but the gunner already started that sci-fi shooting concept. It kinda sux. Maybe they should make it something like the shaman of WoW. Changing into creatures like wolves sounds more like fantasy!

So what we got:
ranged classes:
sorc
SM
cleric
bard
gunner
ranger

melee classes:
templar
gladiator
sin
chanter

Imo make a nice melee class of it Smile. Change to a creature (non sci-fi) and kick ass with scratches, jumps, stomps, spiderwebs, peck (aerial combat creature type) you name it:afro: 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime29/09/13, 03:04 am

totally agree with you guys regarding Aether Tech. They should have released the class in this video clip instead:

Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

Sorcerer (Aion) End of aion? Aether Tech 30w04xyEnd of aion? Aether Tech Crafts11End of aion? Aether Tech Parchm10End of aion? Aether Tech 2j5h2fb

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime29/09/13, 09:45 am

That trailer makes me wonder where all the awesome stuff went .. it's not in the game and we are already at 4.0 .. Razz

It looks like a mix of AION, TERA and Blade & Soul. If only .. we'd have the best game ever here /sighs/
Back to top Go down
ReylandAZ
Founder
Guild Leader

ReylandAZ

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime05/10/13, 10:02 pm

~Moved to AION: First Quarters (General) since it's an AION discussion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of aion? Aether Tech   End of aion? Aether Tech I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End of aion? Aether Tech
Page 1 of 1